Support My Writing

Monday, September 5, 2011

Serenity- a simple word for a powerful force


Each day, I pray for the gift of serenity in my life. As the quote above notes, serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid it. Every day brings some sort of storm. It may be a tiny rain shower, brief and mild, or it may become a massive and destructive hurricane. Regardless of the size of the storm, if we carry serenity with us, we can weather it and survive.
Serenity- noun- səˈrenitē/
1. The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled: "an oasis of serenity".
2. A title given to a reigning prince or similar dignitary. 

When serenity elludes you, find a way to reach inside for the courage and hope to believe that you can attain that force and accept its calming gift. Serenity is the cool water that quenches the burning, thirsting soul. It gives rest to the uneasy and soothes the restless spirit. Serenity is grace.

Perhaps you may find this prayer helpful to find that calm and serene place within.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him. Forever in the next.
                                                                                                       - Reinhold Niebuhr

I wish everyone a serene and peaceful day.

1 comment:

  1. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information.
    Faucets Canada

    ReplyDelete