Support My Writing

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Feedback and Annual Reviews on a Government Contract

Q. I work as a contractor for the Department of Defense. I enjoy my work but am a little frustrated by the unresponsive nature of my supervisor in giving feedback about my performance. I don’t know if my work is satisfactory, and I am starting to feel like I am unappreciated and under-utilized in my workplace. What are some good indicators that I need to start looking for another job?

A. Working as a contractor can be a complicated career path and many people find it difficult to adjust to the environment, particularly veterans who are used to clear rank structure and lines of authority. Defense contractors must accept that in some organizations there aren’t many opportunities for feedback from government supervisors. Feedback can be rare, or non-existent. 

Many contractors will find themselves reporting directly to a government employee, but the reality is that person is not responsible for giving performance feedback to contract employees. Many contractors have discovered too late that the government was not happy with their performance – and that time came when they were fired or reassigned. 


See more here:

Feedback and Annual Reviews on a Government Contract

No comments:

Post a Comment